2016 FALL ADULT SOFTBALL
- STARTS WEEK OF AUGUST 15TH
10 games plus Single-Elimination Tournament
$575 entry fee
contact Dennis Knapik at email@example.com with questions or to register create an account or log in with your ID and click 'register for upcoming sessions'
Tuesday- Mens' rec, metal bat
Thursday- Men's rec, wooden bat
FIRST 2 WEEKS SCHEDULE
AUG 18 - Ass Clowns- Bye
8:25 - Chameleons v Boiler Supply
6:15 - Utter Chaos v. Home City Ice
8:25 - Bulldogs v. Sons of Pitches
6:15 - Boiler Supply v. Home City Ice (S)
7:20- Ass Clowns v. Home City Ice (S)
8:25 - Ass Clowns v. Boiler Supply
6:15 - Utter Chaos v. Bulldogs
8:25- Sons of Pitches v. Chameleons
AUGUST 29 AND LATER TBD
Manchester Athletic Association
2016 Adult Softball Rules
1. Start Dates/Schedule: See website.
2. No Changes may be made to rosters after the regular season. No player may play in the tournament who has not played at least one game with the team during the regular season.
3. No food, alcohol, soda, or other drinks may be brought into the Manchester Athletic Assn Ball Park at any time (before, during, or after games). All beer and food consumed at the ball park must be purchased from the MAA concession stand.
4. Grace Period: There is a 5 minute grace period for early game starts.
5. All players at bat will start with one strike and one ball, all nights all games.
6. All games shall be played under the USSSA rules with the following additions or exceptions:
a. Eight (8) players are necessary to start and finish a game. Seven (7) if the other team agrees to provide a catcher and your pitcher covers home on plays.
b. If, in the umpire’s discretion, a base runner intentionally makes contact with a fielder who has the ball the runner will be ejected from the game. If a base runner intentionally interferes, in the official’s discretion, with the completion of a double play, an automatic double play will result.
c. A team may use a pinch runner once per inning. This must be the person who made the last out, or in the event it occurs in the first inning with no outs, it is the player listed last in the batting order. In coed league, the runner must be of the same gender.
d. No team will be allowed to play with less then 7 players.
e. No strike mat will be used. Pitch height must be between 6’ and 12’ feet. The height of the pitch is subject to the umpire’s discretion.
f. All batters start with a 1 ball and 1 strike count. A foul on the 3rd strike is an out.
g. Balls: A 12” softball will be used for all nights for all batters.
h. Teams must keep track of their own score
7. CO-ED LEAGUE ONLY
a. Fifty percent (50%) or more of the playing team must be female including the defense on the field. If a team has less than 50% of its players female at the top of every inning 2 runs will be given to the opposing team, unless both teams have less than 50% female players
b. Batting Line-Up: Batting order will alternate between male and female batters. Teams must bat all players present even if there are more players of one gender or the other. Both teams will keep track of male and female batters, alternating them in gender among each other.
c. A walk given to a male will result in the batter advancing to second base and leaving first base unoccupied. The next batter (female) has the option to bat or accept a walk.
d. Men must use wood bats
8. WOOD BAT LEAGUE ONLY: players must use wooden bats. Any wooden bat may be used.
9. The following mercy rules apply:
20 or more runs after 3 innings
15 or more runs after 4 innings
10 or more runs after 5 innings
10. Rainout Policy: Call the Manchester Athletic Assn Field Conditions Hotline at636-391-1043. Rainouts will be rescheduled based on availability of fields and park close date. No Refunds will be issued for rainout games not rescheduled.
11. The umpire is empowered to call a game at any time because of rain, fire, panic, or other causes which may place the patrons or players in danger. A complete game is 4 innings (3 ½ if Home team is ahead in runs).
12. Any team forfeiting twice in a season will automatically not be in next year’s league. (Forfeits result in a 7-0 score.)
13. MAA Umpires are ultimately in charge and determine final say in rules.
14. Games will consist of seven (7) innings, or mercy run rule, time permitting. Two games must be completed within the scheduled two hour limit. No new inning may start more than 55 minutes after the starting time of the game. Any inning in progress will be completed. A game, which is tied after seven (7) innings or after the time limit (whichever occurs first), will remain a tie. (In case of a tie, 1 additional inning will be played, unless a tournament game, in which game will be played until a winner is determined)
End of Season Tournament:
MENS - Single elimination.
CO-ED - Round Robin or Double Elimination depending on final number of teams
Contact Dennis Knapik with any questions or to reserve your spot at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE===> https://www.maapark.org/logon.aspx