• There is no umpire provided for your game, as there is no scoring.
• It is the responsibility of the managers to begin the games on time, and
end them on time. There is likely to be another game following yours –
please be courteous with regard to field time.
• It is the responsibility of the HOME team manager to bring a tee from the
MAA Strothkamp building to the field. If the game immediately following
yours is Tee ball or Mini 1, please keep the tee at the field, otherwise
please return the tee to the Strothkamp building.
• It is the responsibility of the HOME team manager to reschedule rained
out games by email to email@example.com
. Work with the
opposing manager for an acceptable date. Provide the rainout number to
your families to check before heading to the park on rainy days: 636-391-
• Encourage parent participation. Recruit assistance coaches. This is not a
drop-off park district program run by paid staff. It is up to you and your
parents to run practices, if desired, to teach your players the basic skills of
baseball, and to facilitate the games.
• Have a game plan of fielding positions in advance of the game, and
provide to a dugout manager. Magnetic coaching boards provide a nice
visual for the kids to see where they will be playing.
• Recruit a team business manager to help coordinate ticket purchases for
MAA night at Busch Stadium, coordinate Picture Day, collect additional
funds for slushies after the game, coordinate your team’s work duty at the
concession stand, etc. And please, no outside food and drink at MAA.
• Names on the backs of uniform shirts help parents to get to know the
children, the other parents, and to cheer. It costs a few dollars per shirt at
Johnny Macs, depending on the number of letters in the names.
• Provide your team number to parents and advise that field schedules are
posted outside the concession stand by team number – many head to the
park without knowing which field the game will be played on.
• Have fun, be creative, encourage team-building activities for the families.
Plan to come back and play Mini I, coach pitch next year. Look for team registration
information in December.